Universal Music Group is the world leader in music-based entertainment. We are the home for music's greatest artists, innovators, and entrepreneurs. As digital technology refashions the world, our unmatched commitment to lead by developing new services, platforms, and business models for the delivery of music and related content empowers innovators and allows new commercial and artistic opportunities to flourish.
The Site is operated by Universal Music Operations Limited, data protection number Z5512937 located at 4 Pancras Square, London, N1C 4AG. AS used in this policy, "Music Can", "we", and "our" refers to this entity, who acts as a data controller and is responsible for the processing of personal data by the Site under applicable privacy and data protection laws.
ALL NON-PRIVACY QUESTIONS: Please see this FAQ regarding how to contact UMG with questions or requests not related to our privacy practices or your privacy rights.
You may also contact UMG’s Data Protection Officer, by writing to Universal Music Group(ATTN: “Data Protection Officer”), 2220 Colorado Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA.
In our operation of the Site, we collect the following categories of data:
We may use information we collect to:
- Respond to requests and/or queries, including customer support queries,
- Improve the Site,
- Operate and administer the Site, including providing content, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistics, and other internal operations,
- Manage access to the Site,
- Analyze usage of the Site,
- Secure the Site and prevent fraud or other illegal activities,
- Resolve disputes and/or enforce our agreements,
- Comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
In compliance with applicable laws, we may share information about you with third parties to facilitate the uses described above, including:
- Our affiliates and joint venture partners that we have now or may have in the future,
- Our business partners, suppliers, agents, and sub-contractors who provide services on our behalf,
- As part of an actual or potential corporate sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of UMG,
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, to protect our rights or the rights of third parties, or to protect the safety or security of any person or entity, or
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect the information we collect, we cannot guarantee its security.
The Site is not directed toward children (as defined by local law) nor does UMG knowingly collect information from children (as defined by local law) without parental consent except where in compliance with applicable laws.
You may have certain rights regarding our processing of personal data about you. These rights may include access to, rectification, erasure, and/or portability of your personal data. You can exercise these rights by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section. We may take steps to verify your identity before completing your request. Our verification measures vary based on the risk to the individual and may involve confirming access to the relevant email account, providing a government-issued ID or other identification documents, or providing other account details or information that indicates a valid request.
You may also be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your personal data infringes applicable law.
Specific information regarding rights related to data processing of European data and personal data about residents of California, Colorado, Virginia, Connecticut, and Utah can be found on our US State and European Rights page.